Eye health deteriorates as we age for a multitude of reasons. A high proportion of the elderly suffers from age-related macular degeneration or cataracts. These disorders can lead to vision loss and blindness if not addressed. Dietary changes and regular eye exams can help you avoid health problems. Having a caregiver in Putnam, County can help seniors keep up with their regular eye exams.
Your eye health can affect your whole physical and mental well-being. Many older people experience falls and slips that may be avoided with good eye surgery. Seniors with visual difficulties may be able to restore function and independence if they seek professional assistance. Here are a few ideas for boosting the health of your eyes as you become older:
- Wear sunglasses at all times to protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Take a 30-minute reading break. It will relieve eye fatigue and reduce eye strain.
- Keep an eye on your blood pressure. The blood vessels in your eyes may be harmed by high blood pressure. Our assisted living services can aid you in keeping a close eye on your blood pressure.
- Roll and move your eyes from side to side regularly.
- See an eye doctor regularly.
Health Caregivers is a reliable provider of home care services in Danbury, Connecticut. Our services are personalized to meet the needs of each client. We create personalized care plans for each of our clients based on their preferences and needs. Contact us today.